Saturday, June 27, 2009

We're Here!

My grandma was sleeping, so I had to figure out how to get to our camp site...I typed in the completely wrong road into the GPS, but by coincidence there was a road with that name in the direction we were headed. Then my grandma woke up and found directions with her iphone and handed it to me. It was my duty to tell my grandpa when to turn and I wasn't too good at it. We missed a turn and everyone started to stress out because we were headed up this narrow road uphill and there wasn't a way to turn around. But with my luck, we actually were going the right way. So at 2:30 a.m. we settled down for bed.

Today we toured 2 caves: The Mark Twain Cave & the Cameron Cave. They're located right at our camp ground. It felt so nice in the 52 degree cave compaired to the 96 degree outside weather. Apparently this is hotter than it normally is here, but it's so muggy out!

Later we went out for a dinner and had home-made rootbeer (delicious). Then we went to an overlook of the Mississippi River. I got some great shots of the caves and the river so check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment