I haven't had an internet connection in awhile, so I haven't done much updating. I'm so behind on uploading my pictures too. Saturday I took 397 and Sunday I took 107. We've been all over in the past few days and now we're three hours behind New York time. We started the morning off at the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest. Incredible. Both sites were absolutely stunning. They are both really the same thing but there’s one part in the Painted Desert that has a lot of petrified wood. The wood has been preserved from millions of years ago because it turned to stone. There was also petroglyphics carved into some rocks. One showed a legend of a bird that swoops down and takes bad kids. Before they had security there, one ton of the stone was stolen a month.
We caught the sunset at Grand Canyon for the 4th of July. My dad and aunt were at the same spot on Christmas Eve when they were about are age. My pictures seriously look like post cards because of how beautiful the lighting was. When we got back to our campsite there was a parade going on and then a concert with the Rachel Burnett Band. They don't do fireworks in this area because of the fire hazards. Yesterday we went to Grand Canyon again and saw the South and West sides. We even saw a two Condors. I took a picture for a family then we got talking and they have been pretty much everywhere in the U.S. As soon as we said we were going somewhere their response was beautiful place and they recommended other spots to see there. When we ate lunch I dropped my cinnamon bun and the Ravens immediately picked it up. Later on we went to a restaurant called "We Cook PIZZA and Pasta". The slices were shorter, but so delicious.
Today we drove more south in Arizona between Sedona and Flagstaff. I already went swimming because it's so hot, but it's a dry heat. The wind is even warm. I'm wondering if it'll be cooler at night here like how it was in Armarillo and near Grand Canyon. I'm going to upload my videos and make a link to them soon!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment