This morning in southern Missouri it was much colder than it should've been. I put on jeans and a sweatshirt I was so cold. But I also wasn't feeling the best going down the road so maybe that had something to do with how cold I felt. When I woke up from a nice nap going down the road we were at a gas station in Oklahoma. They woke me up so I could say I stood in Oklahoma. I opened the door, stood right outside it, and went back inside haha. I was probably so tired because my grandpa woke us up an hour too early- we thought it was 7. The rest of the way to northern Texas I got up to chapter 5 in my newest book and I love it! It's not just focused on a lifestyle of a motorcycle journey, it's the big picture of appreciating the little things and making things simpler by just adapting with them.
As we pulled into our campsite in Amarillo, Texas, there was boy about my age that ducked down then ran to the road.... Later, Amelia and I went on our traditional bike ride around the campground and saw police investigating. I don't know if the two have any link with each other, but that was quite a weird start. The stove isn't working at the moment and everyone is crowded around it, but I'm using my time wisely to write this (and eating radishes with salt).
Tomorrow we are going to the water park across the street while my grandpa rests up. Then Friday we're headed for New Mexico, but along the way we're stopping at a canyon a bit smaller than Grand Canyon.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment