We've been staying with my cousin Carla who live about twenty minutes from the strip. Las Vegas is a very controversial place. It's exciting, full of lights, and has incredible casinos. But on the other hand, it's a bit tacky at times and their advertisements are well..... I really loved it overall. We went to see the Lion King at the Mandalay. Their costumes were amazing and they moved like the animals they were. My favorite casino was Paris. That's pretty much a given but the atmosphere of it all was perfect. We went to the restaurant at the upper level and they loaned my grandpa put on a nice jacket because it was so fancy. The view over looked the fountain show. I a pastry that had warm apples in it and cinnamon ice cream on the side with whip cream on the top. It was just ahhh. The next day we went back for crepes. I had one with raspberry sauce and filled with berries. Once again it was ridiculously delicious. If I stayed there I would want to stay in the Luxor which is the huge pyramid. As nice as the whole experience was Amelia still managed to get her leg stuck between pillars in Venice, while watching the volcano errupt. And before that even happened my grandpa gently backed into a tree with the car, no damage just weird.
When I woke up this morning I looked outside at our incredible view from our campsite. The sky was the same color as the ocean. That's hard to imagine so I took some pictures to remember it but the camera doesn't do it justice. Malibu, California has the nicest climate so far. We went from 110 degree weather to the 80's. It's breazy because we're on the ocean and it feels so nice. We got here last night and saw the sun set, but we're in a bay so it set on the mountains behind us. For future advice, never rent a camper from a very popular place. Lots of people coming to America do that and we met three groups that had problems like the steps wouldn't close in or the transmission drop out. It's horrible, the rental places just don't take care of them.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment