We got to our campsite last night and it was ridiculously hot for how late it was. The AC was going most of the night. Today we went to the Hoover Dam. It's still curing in the middle and is expected to for the next few hundred years. The water is so clean and blue there. It has only over flowed once and right now it's a bit low, so you can see the the discoloration on the mountains from the chemical reaction. We went on a tour inside the dam and everyone got a yellow hard hat. The tour guide kept saying jokes like "I'm your dam tour guide." Restaurants also play that into their titles in the area. There are little vents in the dam and we got to walk town a circular tunnel to look out of them. Anywhere you stand you see a different perspective of it.
Everyone is resting right now because we're spending a late night in......Vegas! I'm too excited to rest so remember to check the photo links because I'm finally caught up on my updates.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment