Yesterday we ended up staying in the pool at the campsite for the whole morning instead of going to the water park. It was fine with me because I laid out in the sun reading then went inside to the chilled pool. For dinner we went to the Palo Duro Canyon. We actually drove in it. There was tons of food and then a Broadway-like show "Texas" at night, right in the canyon! It was a lot of actors on the rise performing and it was great, especially with the view in the canyon. It's the second largest canyon in the U.S. At our campsite you have to type in a code to the bathroom door and they changed it. We started late because we could get into the shower room for awhile.
It was about a five hour drive to Albuquerque and I tried to stay up and read, but I couldn't stay awake (now we're two hours behind New York time). We went shopping in the old town city while my grandpa rested up. I bought a very nice wallet because the one I brought was too wide and bulky to put in my pocket. This one I can carry around so I'm happy with that. Amelia and I got to try on $200 cow girl boots. I tried the red ones on in my new profile picture and I love them. Amelia tried on some original tan ones that were a size and a half bigger than mine. She is now two inches taller than me. Yay.
We are driving down the road right now to the Petrified Forest State Park in Arizona. We'll spend the morning there, then start driving to Grand Canyon. Hopefully we'll be to celebrate and see fireworks. The man at the campsite warned us it's going to be a little bit rowdy there. Later in the week we'll be headed for Las Vegas. My cousin Carla lives right outside of it and she has an RV hook-up near her house so we'll stay there. And yes Dad, we'll stay by an adult at all times :P.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you already go through Phoenix? My sister is staying there for a few days then going to Austin. I hope my sister is having half as much fun as you are :)
ReplyDeleteWell we're like any family and we have our fair share of fights, but 90% of the time it's pure fun. The sights make up for it any way.
ReplyDeleteJust a little note to let you know that we enjoyed meeting you and your sister and granparents while having dinner in Palo Duro Canyon. We also thought the show was really good. Can't beat the setting. I have enjoyed reading your blog, and will follow your trip from time to time. Have a safe and fun trip the rest of the way.
ReplyDeleteJim and Judy Cole
Port Aransas, Texas
P.S. Tell your sister to keep practicing on the saxophone.
Thank you! i read your comment to the family. I love it when the people we meet along the way comment my blog, it makes it seem so much more real.
ReplyDelete