Today we went out for brunch and had the best Egg's Benedict and biscuits with gravy we've ever had. The people that recommended the place to us were eating there too. They are also at the Distant Drums campsite and told us where to go today. We went to Sedona. It's amazing how beautiful rocks can be just from their arrangement. It was cooler up there and more green. But the rocks and dirt is red.
Amelia and I found a stand with t-shirts. I asked the man to see the little kid t-shirts and he assumed I was having a baby. I tried to get a word in saying no it's for my younger siblings, but he was just talking about the deal we could get. Then after we bought the shirts he said "Good luck with the baby!" We have many "unique" experiences traveling.
For dinner we went to a ghost town called Jerome. The restaurant is called "The Haunted Hamburger". It used to be a hospital with an insane asylum upstairs. I didn't see any ghosts, but they apparently steal hammers. They really do have incredible hamburgers though. Here's where the expression 6 degrees of separation comes in, we met a couple from New Hampshire and the women grew up in New Hartford! We talked about Holland Farms and tomato pie for awhile then told them about our trip.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, Megan! I'm a friend and colleague of your grandpa's back in Syracuse. He sent us a link to your blog yesterday, and I had a ball last night reading about your adventures. I can't help but think how very fortunate the four of you are to have this special time together... to see the country, to meet new people, and to share in the creation of precious memories that will last you a lifetime.
ReplyDeleteI particularly loved your account of nearly getting lost on the way to the campsite (in Missouri, I think?) Will you tease your grandpa for me (just a little) about the fact that your grandma has an iPhone and he doesn't.
I read through each of your posts, and then watched your slideshow. Not only are you a gifted writer; you're also a talented photographer. The pictures all made sense to me! It was almost like reading a book before seeing the movie.
Speaking of books, it sounds as though you're going to blow through the five you brought with you (if you haven't done so already.) If you need to find another interesting read for your trip, please ask your grandparents to pick up a copy of The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's sort of a fairy tale about a boy who sets out on an adventure to find his 'personal legend.' It's great, light reading with some powerful messages. It's one of my favorites!!!
Remind your grandpa, if you will, that a group of us from the school district will be in San Francisco from July 19th to the 22nd. I'm sure the Hilton wouldn't mind your parking the RV in their lot for a day or two, and it would be great to finally meet you and Amelia. (I've heard so much about you.) I'll make a deal... If you can convince him to visit us in San Fran, I'll let you girls use my clean bathroom and shower for FREE! And I promise I won't limit your time to six minutes.
Enjoy the rest of your trip. I look forward to reading your next entry.
All the best,
Rachel
The Alchemist is a great book...
ReplyDelete